Sunday, March 8, 2009

Checklist

In No particular order

1. Announce your engagement
2. Get ring appraised
3. Set a date- send save the dates if you would like, many sites like vistaprint have free magnets that you can make and use as your save the dates
4. Get an idea of how many guests you want to invite
5. Begin to write your invite list....as well as any invitees your parents or whomever are telling you to invite
6. Go look at halls
7. Book the date for your religious ceremony
8. Decide and book your hall
9. Go dress shopping, try on every dress trust me
10. Budget budget budget
11. Photographer....do you want one for your house and one for the guys house? I think 2 are better than one because you can get two different views walking down the aisle
12. Videographer....same thing do u want 1 or 2, I had 2 of both
13. Decide on your color scheme
14. Flowers- centerpieces...high or low, bo-k's and corsages
15. Decide on your bridal party
16. Look at gowns for bridal party
17. Decide on gowns and have girls order them ( I did this a year in advance because they might come in the wrong size and need to be re-ordered)
18. Decide and purchase your gown
19. Decide on a DJ or Band and go look at some and book them.
20. If your hall does not include a cake, go look at different bakeries to speak about the cake you would like
21. Limos(going and coming home, remember your bridal party will not have their car at the hall)
22. Makeup and hair trial
23. Don't forget your shoes!!!!!
24. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue!---and a sixpence in your shoe!
25. Invites- many websites have some amazing deals on gorgeous invitations
26. Favors
27. Pre cana
28. Book your hair and makeup for the day of the wedding-will your bridal party be using this person as well?
29. Tuxes
30. If you are using a catering hall decide on your menu, as well as with your hall
31. Meet with your organist for a church ceremony and decide on your music
32. Meet with dj/band and give a list of music you want played
33. Have your gown altered
34. DOJ- day of jewelry
35. Meet with photographer w a list of photos you would like to be taken
36. Make sure all paperwork is handed into whomever is in charge of your ceremony
37. Marriage license-only valid I believe 30 days
38. Book your honeymoon
39. Wedding bands about 6 months before
40. Ok my brain is not functioning I can't think of anything else, and I know I am missing a ton. This list Is not in order I will post a timeline later on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers